Identifying attractive markets and defining entry & internationalization strategies for a new premium mineral-water brand
Following a growth path, the client – a major European retailer and producer of several food and non-food categories - had developed a new premium mineral-water brand and asked for identification of attractive markets for an internationalization strategy.
Besides identification of target markets, a detailed market-entry strategy was needed.
Arthur D. Little conducted a concept test within eight markets and a KPI review regarding size of the target segment, growth potential and competition.
After the prioritization of two target markets, the approach was
- Detailed analysis of the selected markets (retail channels, competitors, consumers)
- Development of a market-entry strategy, including detailed long- and shortlists of potential customers
- Description of a commercialization concept
- Development of a business case
- Arthur D. Little made a final recommendation for distribution channels within the two markets based on a detailed market analysis
- The commercialization concept allowed for direct use in order to present the core values
- The client received a detailed shortlist out of an extensive longlist of potential customers within the recommended retail channels for both markets
- Furthermore, the client obtained a business case with three different scenarios for a market-entry strategy within the two markets